Thursday, November 29, 2012

Blog Hop!!!


I was tagged to be part of The Next Big Thing blog hop by the lovely and talented Bathsheba Dailey you can check out her blog athttp://beth-frommyheart.blogspot.com/

Ten Interview Questions for the Next Big Thing:

I have to do a quick disclaimer, I haven’t been published and I won’t be for a while but I will try to answer as best as I can but I may stray a bit because of my personal situation.


What is your working title of your book?

Well I have several books in various stages of completion two are in need of editing but I despise editing so far and so they sit. And the others are in various stages. Some of my titles are Krokodil, Reclamation, Sons of Sceva, Soul Whispers, The Girls of Purgatory, and Hell Patrol to name a few.

Where did the idea come from for the book?

I get a lot of my ideas from my dreams, and things just pop into my head I can’t really explain and it usually isn’t a struggle to come up with ideas.

What genre does your book fall under?

Good question! I would guess paranormal/horror?

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

Oh gee I don’t know!  I honestly don’t know who all is out there; my wife does so I would probably defer to her. I do know that without a doubt that Johnny Depp will never play one of my characters……………… maybe Chuck Norris?

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

I can do better I can sum it up in two words for all of them so far. Death and Possession

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

I Dunno? I’m not there yet and I have no idea, sure it would be great to get picked up by a big house like Simon and Shuster but………..   
I don’t like deadlines so maybe self?

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

Three to seven months just depending so far, haven’t really kept track and I’m still new to the writing game and hoping that as my skills develop I will get faster.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

Zombie books I would say Day by Day Armageddon by J.L. Bourne
The others? I have no idea, haven’t really read anything like them. I’m sure there are plenty out there. I don’t read a lot of fiction  

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

I wish I knew, I just get an idea and start writing, I don’t know that there is any more motivation than just it popped into my head……….. I know lame!

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

Well since I don’t have a book, I will say something about me that might interest potential readers. I have had several paranormal encounters, at least other people tend to think the number is alot, I also have had reoccurring dreams and frequent déjà vu experiences my entire life and still do. I grew up in Decatur Illinois and played in cemetery and area famous for being haunted. And to top it all off before I got derailed I studied for the ministry for nearly ten years. I have read the Old testament almost eight times and the New Testament almost sixteen times. Plus I have read countless books on possession and spiritual warfare……….. it kind of makes for a mess!

Jake

And now to introduce the next five authors 

Mrs. Victoria Adams a genteel bell from out west check her out here http://victoriasreadingalcove.wordpress.com/

Poet Patrick Daniel Read  check him and his work out at https://www.facebook.com/pread71

Check out the musings of Mr. Avery Tingle at http://averyktingle.blogspot.com/

The Lovely and mysterious Lucia Adams can be found here http://paperfilmmusic.blogspot.com/

And finally the horror-ific DC McGannon at http://dcmcgannon.com/







No comments:

Post a Comment